Hands on Technology Services Director with a “startup” mentality who likes to find creative ways to build solutions at the lowest cost. Twenty years of Information Technology experience solving business problems with technical solutions.
SuMMARY of Skills
Multi-Site Team Management 15 years
SQL Development 10 years
Database Performance Tuning 6 years
Project Management 8 years
Spend / Budget Management 4 years
SDLC 8 years
Responsible for creating a new Digital Marketing Technology group within Transamerica to focus on digital marketing/branding strategy and the technology to implement a digital presence on the web and social media.
- Hired and organized into teams a staff of 35 digital/web technologists to staff the new Digital Marketing Technology group within Transamerica, including the following roles: Business Analysts/Testers, Web Writers, Content Managers, Web Designers, Web Software developers, Web Analytics / SEO Manager, Project Managers, Social Media Manager.
- Responsible for oversight of re-design of 5 key B2B marketing/customer servicing websites, as well as implementation of a new internal employee communications web portal (Sharepoint). Tools used: Adobe Creative Suite for creative work and the Microsoft technology stack for back end development (.net, c#, SQL Server 2008, Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server, nHibernate ORM, ACORD web services).
- Managed web development and web creative teams in three different states.
- Implemented processes and procedures to ensure web content coming from many different constituents was published via content management systems in a timely, accurate fashion and was approved by legal & compliance departments.
- Participated in conception , design and development of the ATS system (Advisor Targeting System) used to segment Transamerica leads and identify those most likely to purchase a Transamerica product. ATS system was built on SQL Server and Hyperion Business Intelligence.
- Implemented technology to support a new robust mass marketing strategy and oversaw the program execution. Worked with Product groups to define email marketing and customer targeting efforts – new strategy resulted in an 15% increase in number of opens on email campaigns. Working knowledge of multiple eMail delivery platforms including Exact Target, Constant Contact, and eMail Marketer.
- Implemented India based offshore development & testing team in order to reduce software development / testing costs.
- Participated in identifying, evaluating and implementing new toolsets to efficiently support new Digital Marketing Technology group’s SDLC including: new Content Management System (SDL Tridion), new source code management system (Team Foundation Server), requirements management system, and software defect & trouble ticketing system (Gemini).
- Led web content management conversion projects to convert content in a page based content management system to a component based content management system and participated in content mapping and classification projects to migrate content from Interwoven Teamsite Web CMS to SDL Tridion CMS.
- Managed vendor relationships.
- Responsible for oversight, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of digital projects and initiatives, ensuring consistency with operational standards, and security policies.
- Participated in cost-benefit analysis and prioritization of new digital projects with steering committee.
- Acted as the primary point of contact for the technology group across the different business groups within the company.
- Providing employee development, coaching, mentoring and team building, and maintained formal professional growth plans (PGP’s) for each team member
- Managed /prioritized the backlog of enhancement requests.
- Created and managed the project intake process and managed / prioritized the backlog of enhancement requests and production problem requests.
Managed cross-functional staff of employees to support all divisional business systems for this $10 billion sales division.
- Responsible for management of SQL server OLTP databases and DBA team.
- Led functionality review of major business intelligence vendor tools and managed implementation of selected vendor solution (Hyperion Business Intelligence system).
- Implemented Epiphany sales force automation/CRM system. Participated in every phase of this full lifecycle project.
- Managed multiple CRM conversion projects to convert existing CRM systems from one platform to another (Active Sales CRM to Epiphany CRM – Epiphany CRM to Pivotal CRM – Pivotal CRM to Salesforce CRM).
- Designed and implemented internal web portals and external microsites using open source & RAD development tools.
- Designed custom sales commission tracking/payment system. Led development team to implement system using Microsoft SQL Server & ASP.Net/C#.
- Designed a sophisticated executive dashboard system using Hyperion Business Intelligence & Crystal Xcelsius that allowed executive management to track multiple metrics, including the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, and effectiveness of the sales teams. Helped identify ineffective marketing campaigns and reduce marketing costs.
- Designed custom financial reporting and P&L system with interfaces into CRM systems, corporate accounting systems, and Hyperion Essbase OLAP cubes.
- Implemented security measures and enhanced documentation and processes to support Sarbanes/Oxley.
- Participated in authoring division wide business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Managed Technology Services vendor relationships.
- Managed contract staff including India based offshore contractors.
Accountable for the oversight and delivery of CRM, CMS System Implementation & Customization projects as well as eBilling projects.
- Supported the sales organization with pre-sales presentations and proposals.
- Estimated projects and wrote Statements of Work (SOW) for client engagements.
- Managed the design, development and delivery of multiple projects to completion.
- Ensured that project goals and objectives were accomplished in accordance with outlined priorities, time limitations, and funding conditions.
- Developed staffing plans, work schedules, budgets, and time lines.
- Prepared weekly project status reports for clients.
- Authored various project documents including: technical designs, gap analysis, business requirements documents (BRD's), approach documents, cost/benefit analysis, use cases, statements of work, and project proposals.
- Responsible for management of 20 software developers, including offshore & H1B visa holders.
|Federal Reserve Banks||Web Content Management Implementation||Project Mgr.|
|Citigroup Financial Services||Web App/Market Survey||Database Architect|
|Bell Canada||eBilling/ePayment Implementation||Strategist/Consultant|
|Ameritech||Regulation 271 Compliance Readiness||Project Mgr.|
|Qwest Communications||Qwest/BellSouth Joint Venture||Consultant|
|Ameritech||Cellular 1 / Ameritech Merger||Engagement Mgr.|
|Southern Bell||Custom Billing Software Dev.||Technical Architect|
|Qwest Communications||Genesis Project||Consultant|
|EdExpress.com||Custom Web Development||Engagement Mgr.|
Responsibilities as a Senior Consultant with American Management Systems included the delivery of customized eBilling solutions for large telecommunications clients. As a group leader, led a mixed team of developers and business analysts to cover the full development lifecycle for a given functional area.
|BellSouth||Custom Software Development||Team Lead|
|Ameritech||Custom Software Development||Programmer/Analyst|
|British Telecom||Custom Software Development||Programmer/Analyst|
Managed Information Technology Department, responsibilities included:
- Managed IT Staff
- Managed IT vendor processes
- Evaluated emerging technologies
- Managed servers.
- Liased with other business departments on IT needs/projects
- Prepared weekly project status reports
- Managed IT department budget
Sugar CRM 1 Years
Pivotal CRM 5 Years
Salesforce.com CRM1 Years
Drupal CMS 1 Years
WordPress CMS 1 Years
Google Web Analytics 4 Years
Hyperion Business Intelligence 5 Years
Interwoven Teamsite CMS 3 Years
Exact Target Mass Mailing 4 Years
SEO 4 Years
Search Engine Marketing 4 Years
Requirements Management 4 Years
System Testing4 Years
Hubspot Marketing Automation1 Years
HTML / CSS 5 Years
Agile (Scrum) 1 Years
Google Adwords 1 Years
SDL Tridion CMS1 Years
Adobe Creative Suite3 Years
Microsoft Sharepoint2 Years
Offshore Staffing3 Years
Content Strategy / Taxonomy3 Years
SQL Server SSIS/SSRS/SSAS8 Years
Database Data Modeling8 Years
Data Conversion/Mapping3 Years
MS Team Foundation Server3 Years